Drinks licence / unlicenced premises

Avatar Image
CheekyChops | 22:31 Mon 09th Mar 2009 | Business & Finance
2 Answers
tatu's question has me thinking.

If a restaurant doesn't have a licence to sell alcohol, then a customer can bring their own to sell on the premises. Is it the same for a shop?

The shop in question (I work there) has a licence to sell alcohol but some other little hitler that also works there shouts at anyone that comes in with an open can of lager or similar (we live in a rough area lol). He says that the owner of the shop could be fined and lose his licence if people consume drink on the premises - stuff they bring in, not stuff they buy from the shop.

Is he right?


1 to 2 of 2rss feed

Best Answer

No best answer has yet been selected by CheekyChops. Once a best answer has been selected, it will be shown here.

For more on marking an answer as the "Best Answer", please visit our FAQ.
Question Author
Oops, I mean that the restaurant customers can bring their own to drink on the premises, not sell!!
I don't reckon so. As you know, there are licences for off the premises, and licences for on/off the premises.
The little Hitler is thinking that the local constabulary will assume an open can has been purchased on the premises, which would be easy to disprove in a court of law.
On the other hand, the shopowner can dictate what behaviour is acceptable within the shop so can exclude who he likes from entering.

1 to 2 of 2rss feed

Do you know the answer?

Drinks licence / unlicenced premises

Answer Question >>

Related Questions

Sorry, we can't find any related questions. Try using the search bar at the top of the page to search for some keywords, or choose a topic and submit your own question.