Help!!!! Lost Premium Bonds!

Avatar Image
M.L.Keys | 13:58 Thu 10th Aug 2006 | Business & Finance
3 Answers
My mother-in-law has had premium bonds since 1965 and has never checked them, she has since changed her address and name.

After seeing a recent television artcicle on lost bonds she was inspired to try and claim any prizes that she may have won, and her herself not being computor literate asked me to help although now after extensive searching to hardly any answers, I am at a loss!

Can anyone help me?!?!?!

Many Thanks,

Megan Keys


1 to 3 of 3rss feed

Best Answer

No best answer has yet been selected by M.L.Keys. Once a best answer has been selected, it will be shown here.

For more on marking an answer as the "Best Answer", please visit our FAQ.
If she writes to National Savingsand tells them how many bonds she has, when they were bought and the last name and address they should hold for her, they will send out a new holders certificate.

You will then be able to check the bond numbers on the internet for any possible unclaimed prize.

I did this a couple of years ago and didn't have to provide any proof of change of address although I'm not sure if they would want proof of a change of name.

Sam x
Your mother in law should write to the following address giving full details of previous addresses at which she lived, and her previous surnames.

Tracing Service (Premium Bonds)
National Savings and Investments

They may require her to complete a form with this information, but may be able to do it on the strength of information given in her letter. Perhaps she has been lucky in the meantime with an unclaimed prize.

what shall i do i have lost my premium bond numbers. which i bought in 1979 please can you advise me on what i should i do thank you

1 to 3 of 3rss feed

Do you know the answer?

Help!!!! Lost Premium Bonds!

Answer Question >>

Related Questions

Sorry, we can't find any related questions. Try using the search bar at the top of the page to search for some keywords, or choose a topic and submit your own question.