Pre 1988 Endowment Mortgage Shortfall

Avatar Image
Chockywocky | 22:43 Fri 28th Jul 2006 | Business & Finance
2 Answers
Does anyone know if there is any recourse when you have been mis-sold a mortgage endowment policy before 1988. The current legislation, protecting mortgage endowment policy holders from mis-selling, only applies to endowment policies taken out from 1988 onwards.


1 to 2 of 2rss feed

Best Answer

No best answer has yet been selected by Chockywocky. Once a best answer has been selected, it will be shown here.

For more on marking an answer as the "Best Answer", please visit our FAQ.
Not having a mortgage, I can't answer your question but I think I know a man who can!

Martin Lewis has a website and in his weekly newsletters he is nearly ALWAYS talking about people being mis-sold endowment policies and what to do about it. Unfortunately I don't read that part as I rent but if you go to his website, he has a list of articles he's written, one of which I'm sure will point you in the right direction. People get no end of moolah back from what I've heard.
Hope that helps,
There is no legal requirement for sellers to give recourse but some of them do so voluntarily. I think the Financial Ombudsman Service may be able to tell you which ones.

1 to 2 of 2rss feed

Do you know the answer?

Pre 1988 Endowment Mortgage Shortfall

Answer Question >>

Related Questions

Sorry, we can't find any related questions. Try using the search bar at the top of the page to search for some keywords, or choose a topic and submit your own question.