Painful Elbow.

Avatar Image
john1066 | 20:33 Fri 05th Jun 2009 | Health & Fitness
4 Answers
My elbow is very painful and in the crook of my arm a swelling has come up which looks like a swoolen muscle, Should I see a doctor or will it repair its self? I've had about four weeks.....


1 to 4 of 4rss feed

Best Answer

No best answer has yet been selected by john1066. Once a best answer has been selected, it will be shown here.

For more on marking an answer as the "Best Answer", please visit our FAQ.
Google........Baker's Cyst.
Baker's Cysts are usually in the knee, but can affect the elbow.
Can you flex and extend the elbow, is the swelling soft or hard.
How old are you?
Question Author
Can extend the elbow.....Swelling soft......Age 76...

Firstly that is quite an unusual place to have a swelling.
Secondly, it is extremely unlikely that it is "life threatening"
At your age, it could be cyst, communicating with the elbow joint, in which case, should you be symptomless, needs no treatment. This cyst, filled with synovial (Joint) fluid is often associated with arthritis.

You GP will clearly make the definitive diagnosis.

1 to 4 of 4rss feed

Do you know the answer?

Painful Elbow.

Answer Question >>