Liposuction or Smartlipo??

raspberry | 17:55 Thu 30th Oct 2008 | Beauty
does anyone out there have any experience of either.......Smartlipo's had some rave reviews but don't they say 'If it sounds to good to be true it usually is'!

I had traditional liposuction a few years ago by a well known cosmetic company but it left me lumpy and was considering going to another firm now but am torn between liposuction and smartlipo. Any consultant I see is going to be full of sales talk and will say anything to get money so some genuine advice from anyone who's had either would be nice.

Thanks

Answers

Best Answer

No best answer has yet been selected by raspberry. Once a best answer has been selected, it will be shown here.

I had regular Tumescent Lipo twice, 5 years ago and 3 years ago, where the area is first injected with a mixture of Anaesethic and Adrenaline, to help breakdown the fat cells and reduce pain, then the fat is sucked out using a narrow canula.

I was very happy with my results. Make sure you use a skilled surgeon who has extensive Liposuction experience. Lipo is in a way like an artist sculpting, so if the surgeon doesn't take the right amount in the right places, you can end up with uneveness and dimpling, as you also mentioned.

I would highly recommend the surgeon who carried out my procedures.

Liposuction or Smartlipo??