Unidentified Bird

trish1234567 | 16:34 Mon 15th Apr 2019 | Animals & Nature
I have a large bird that perches in the largest tree in the garden. He obviously comes from the nearby woods as I also get lots of large crows.

I can never get a real sight of this bird, but it's call is "chk, chk" - rather like a Northern person saying "chuck, chuck". I don't wish to offend anyone here. I've looked through several bird books but it hard to identify from a book a bird by it's call! Any ideas please as it is driving me crazy not knowing! Trish.

Answers

Best Answer

No best answer has yet been selected by trish1234567. Once a best answer has been selected, it will be shown here.

Where are you.. Some birds are very specific to areas although I suspect it's a jackdaw

https://www.rspb.org.uk/birds-and-wildlife/wildlife-guides/bird-a-z/jackdaw

Is it mainly pinkish in colour ? Could be a jay which is a member of the magpie family. Lovely birds.
I think there is a bird identification app where you can listen to them but I dont know what is called
Plenty of bird calls and songs on YouTube

Unidentified Bird