BBC Weather forecast

EcclesCake | 12:54 Wed 28th Mar 2012 | Weather
It is fair to say I'm not a great fan of the BBC weather service as it is notoriously wrong. They could do themselves a favour though.......

I'm looking at my forecast for today, the summary declares a max temp of 22C, great! When I go to the detailed forecast the highest temp is 19C.

Is consistency too much to ask for. Not that it really matters, when it gets too chilly I'll just go inside.

Answers

Best Answer

No best answer has yet been selected by EcclesCake. Once a best answer has been selected, it will be shown here.

Weather forecasting is *not* an exact science - it's all to do with probabilities ie a bit of give and take.
I fully understand that. However, a 3C variation on a forecast for a 24hr period does not instil confidence. For the sake of consistency, and in an ideal world accuracy, their detailed forecast should feature the max temp.
I read the Times, and I find their forecasts are by far the most accurate. Only one distinctly wrong this year so far

BBC Weather forecast