Can You Visit America After Cuba

Hiya Travel Dudes, for some reason I'm under the impression that you cannot enter the USA as a tourist if you have a Cuban stamp in your passport. Don't know where I got this from and am unsure if it's true. Could anyone please advise on this or any other post-Cuba restrictions that apply in America? Cheers, WaB.
10:51 Tue 29th Dec 2009

dzug
Best Answer
It's not true.

You can't enter the US FROM Cuba except by special permission but the most a previous visit there will cause is a question as to why you visited and holiday is an acceptable answer.
13:54 Tue 29th Dec 2009 Go To Best Answer

It's not true.

Thanks dzug, that's me corrected! Cheers!
The previous answer is perfectlly true; as a UK citizen you will have no problems entering the USA with a Cuban stamp in your passport. having said this, on my recent trips to Cuba my passport has not been stamped. However, a word of warning. The importation into the USA of many Cuban products is prohibited; therefore, if travelling back from Cuba with cigars, Cuban rum etc via the USA and a third country, I expect that the Cuban items would be confiscated.
and the cigars would be... burned, I suppose...