Travel Insurance

I am due to have in-patient treatment starting in January, 2012. Meanwhile, I am hoping to have a little holiday over the Christmas period. If, after all, there is a call from the hospital that they can get me in during December, how would I stand in terms of travel insurance? Can anyone recommend a company/policy that definitely would cover my losses? As usual, thanks for any help or first-hand knowledge you can share.
11:08 Mon 28th Nov 2011

dzug2
Best Answer
If you do not already have a policy you would not be covered by any new one, certainly for the cancellation and probably for anything relating to your condition if you went as planned.
11:34 Mon 28th Nov 2011 Go To Best Answer

Thanks for that, dzug2. Any other opinions out there? Much obliged.
No insurance cover for those circumstances. In fact if you had already booked before finding out about your treatment, yjey would have to be advised immediately and insist you cancelling to minimise their losses to paying out on deposit only. Lastly if this is a pre existing condition it would most likely be excluded from Travel Insurance cover
My thanks to you, too, ubasses. I had a feeling people were going to come back with that kind of answer ...
Bit late in answering, Sorry! You definitely will NOT be covered for any costs incurred in returning home nor will you be covered for any health problems you might have while away, doesn't matter if it isn't related to your treatment