New York to Niagara Falls

Approx. how long would it take to drive from New York (in the tourist part) out to Niagara Falls ?
Many thanks
16:48 Tue 22nd Nov 2011

Best Answer

No best answer has yet been selected by LDC134. Once a best answer has been selected, it will be shown here.

Well, it's about 300 miles, and the speed limit is going to be either 55mph or 65mph, so about 6 hours not counting rest stops...
a full day's drive, but the roads are good.
Thanks very much - I was looking at driving there in a day, staying overnight, having half a day sightseeing and driving back - does that sound viable or is there enough to do to warrant a whole day there ?
depends... you can go over the falls (in a plane rather than a barrel), under them, up to them on the Maid of the Mist, behind them via some caves...

Personally I'd stay there for the second night, if only because driving 600 miles in two days is tiring (though maybe you've got someone to share it with?). But yes, you should be able to do it in two days.

You could do a coach tour

http://search.taketou...a&keywords=&x=58&y=12
Thanks jno, I hadn't thought of flying over as well as the Maid of the Mist. My thanks to you and Mark for your speedy replies.
You can also get cheap flights from New York to Buffalo which will save you time.