'Mahaka' ???

I'm trying to google a spanish town/resort which is said 'Ma-ha-ka' can anyone tell me how to spell it the correct way? Many thanks :o|
08:25 Mon 15th Aug 2011

Best Answer

No best answer has yet been selected by Marie. Once a best answer has been selected, it will be shown here.

You don't mean Mallorca (Majorca) do you?
Do you perhaps mean Mojacar? On the Med coast between Cartagena and Almeria.
No it's definately mahaka on mainland spain. I've seen it before and remember it is not spelt how it sounds, Ive even looked at a map of spain to no avail!! I know it exists!! It's driving me crazy now!
You don't often see a letter 'H' in Spanish, but a 'J' is pronounced much the same.
Oh Thank you to SeaJaypea and the winner, that's the right place, much appreciate your help! :o)
I lived in Almeria for many years and am pretty sure you mean Mojacar the phonetic pronunciation is pretty much as you spell your mystery resort. It;s a small white town with both a beachside area and a hillside town which is mostly owned by expatriots