Kindle

Thinking of buying a Kindle. Anyone have any experience of one? Anything better out there?
20:45 Mon 04th Oct 2010

Best Answer

No best answer has yet been selected by Woody23. Once a best answer has been selected, it will be shown here.

Yes, a book.
Squarebear, you must learn to embrace technology. :)
lol I personally can't imagine reading a book in a similar way to reading an internet page. With a book you can actually feel it and touch it. It;s just not the same.
Well so am I, can we talk about it sensibly?
^ One side will let you down for sure ; )
But I'm sure that you can feel and touch a Kindle.......
My concern is can you read the screen properly in bright sunlight eg on the beach?
Doesn't seem to be a problem Puddie. Loked at this link and I'm very tempted...
http://www.amazon.co....092767&pf_rd_i=468294
Very attractive lady here seems to think so. ...
http://www.amazon.co....raphite/dp/B002LVUWFE
Yes I've looked at that but thought about the non 3G version - can't think when that would be needed (by me)
Yeah, I'd agree. If you can connect/download at home that'll be enough. Do you have broadband Purrie?
I was going to congratulate you on 3 consecutive posts to me without mention of cat pouches, caves or fiddling with my name. Shame.
Of course I've got broadband.
So. Maltesers. An old bag?
Sorry Prudie. Didn't mean to be flippant. You seem like a nice person. I hope that I haven't upset you.

The new kindle does look cool though..... ;)
If you are unsure as to whether to buy or not, why not download a Kindle reader to your PC. You can do this at Amazon free of charge, you can also download some free books, so at least you might get an idea of what it is like to read an e-book, before committing yourself to buying one.
Thanks Dennis. I'll try that!
A month ago I bought a Hanvon e-book,I was going to buy the Kindle but they were out of stock.I don't know how i have ever lived without it,they are absolutely brilliant. I read a lot on holiday whilst sunbathing,usually pack about 10 paperbacks,it was great just having my e-book loaded with my choice of stories and my suitcase was lighter. The Kindle is a good buy at
£109. Yes the e-book is just like reading a normal book page ,it's very clear in bright sunlight and easy on the eyes.
There was a review about these readers in one of last weekends newpaper supplements. The Kindle came top with 5 out of 5, the Ipad only got 3 out of 5 due to it being too heavy.
Make more sense talking to a lump of driftwood Prudie.
Thought it was too good to be true :-x