Power for sat nav

The company I work for has a fleet of vans and a couple of them the cigarette lighter doesn't work.

In an instance where power from the vehicle wasn't possible does a battery pack kind of thing exist so I can use the Sat Nav (or anything else with a cigarette lighter plug)
22:09 Mon 02nd Apr 2012

Best Answer

No best answer has yet been selected by ZebUK. Once a best answer has been selected, it will be shown here.

perhaps a fuse would be a cheaper option.
My jump starter pack has a 12v cigarette lighter type socket.

It's similar to this.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/...world-europe-17589298

A bit cumbersome to run a sat nav though
oops, no, I meant this

Amazon.co.uk User Recommendation
I did hire a car once which had a USB type socket fitted for sat navs. The cigarette lighter had been taken out.
Unfortunately the hire company is no longer there but it may be worth asking Halfords.
As jomifl said a fuse may be a cheaper option unless the company may want to discourage smoking.

John
A lot of vehicles have a second socket near the tailgate (to power a tyre pump or whatever).
The fuse doesn't come into it - it's broken. It's only one van in just over 30 where it doesn't work along with everything else like the stereo, heating, air con etc. and some vans are slowly being replaced.

What I'm asking for is some sort of portable battery unit I can carry around that will either take the cigarette lighter attachment or a USB plug.
(all other vans the cigarette lighters work)