The AnswerBank will have a massage at 2:00 AM
Avatar Image T&S

Loss Of Wireless Connectivity

I would appreciate a little guidance if possible. I am currently deployed in the Middle East and have been connecting a laptop wirelessly to one of the many unsecured welfare networks we have here.

This morning, however, when booting up the laptop, I could not connect to the usual network. I've tried different networks, with the same result. I get a message stating the router is either too far away, or it hasn't responded. I've been through Control Panel, Setting Up a network, etc, to no avail. Under Hardware, it indicated the wireless adaptor is working normally.

Anybody got any ideas? Could it be the wireless card? Any remedy for it? It's a HP laptop, running Vista Basic.

Thanks in advance

PS....My Ipod Touch connects fine by the way.
06:27 Wed 29th Feb 2012

Best Answer

Nobody has yet answered this question. Once some answers have been given, T&S will be able to select one answer as the best. Once a best answer has been selected, it will be shown here.

There are no answers available for this question.