bios start up

When my lap top is disconnected from the mains ,i have to press f2 key pad ,and run the bios setting every time ,when i leave the lap top just plugged in at mains ,it starts up ok,Any suggestions ,thanks
16:33 Thu 23rd Feb 2012

Best Answer

No best answer has yet been selected by mini280. Once a best answer has been selected, it will be shown here.

It needs a new BIOS battery. they are normally a watch style battery that only costs a quid or so.... of course how easy it is to get to it and replace it depends on the laptop, some are easy, some require nearly a total strip down.