cd writer

Need to replace external cd writer that has gone faulty. Can anyone advise the difference between a cd writer/burner and a dvd one? Will a dvd writer copy music from computer to cd-r disc?
I want to copy music from my pc to cd-r disc.
Many thanks
07:06 Thu 12th May 2011
Best Answer

No best answer has yet been selected by 1234567billy. Once a best answer has been selected, it will be shown here.

The difference between a CD writer and a DVD writer is. a CD writer only writes CDs a DVD writer can write DVDs and CDs.

Either will do what you want, but you may as well get a DVD writer so you have the option to write DVDs if you ever want to.
Many thanks for you advice.
get a pioneer of lg dvdwriter never had a glitch with them