iplayer at work and tv licence

just wanted to check if you need an tv licence for use of iplayer,etc on computer, on a business premises?
10:30 Fri 11th Feb 2011

Best Answer

No best answer has yet been selected by amalee. Once a best answer has been selected, it will be shown here.

No, as you only need a licence if you are watching live TV. iplayer is repeats of programmes that have already been shown.
If you are watching 'catch-up' programmes no TV licence.
However, there may be an issue of 'Performing Rights Licence' depending on business and who is likely to view.
Jacks correct.

You would need a premises PRS licence to cover you for the music contained in programs and their themes.
>>> iplayer is repeats of programmes that have already been shown.

No its not.

You can watch "live" TV as well on the iPlayer
I was unaware of that VHG.
Thank you for your quick response. Cleared my mind on this.