closing a facebook account

my thanks to the four subscribers who took time out to reply to my post yesterday. Can I assure all 4 that I only logged on to Central ATV with an e mail address and password. At no time have I ever given personal information except to Friends Reunited. It was only out of interest that I went into Google and typed 'facebook' that I found the account. However I still do not know how to get rid of it.One reply gave me a web site which asked me to click top right of my page and look for 'account menu'. Not on my page is doesnt. Any ideas would be appreciated
16:04 Thu 12th Jul 2012

bookbinder
Best Answer
This very point was covered by "Computeractive" Magazine (it's a UK computer magazine) in issue 366 of 1. March - 14. March 2012 (p33). This is what the magazine said:
If you wish to close your Facebook account, begin by clicking the small down-pointing arrow at the top right of your profile page and choose Account Settings. Now click Security on the...
11:52 Fri 13th Jul 2012 Go To Best Answer

If you wish to close your Facebook account, begin by clicking the small down-pointing arrow at the top right of your profile page and choose Account Settings. Now click Security on the left-hand side to see a 'Deactivate your account' link: clicking this and following the prompts will disable your profile but won't delete your information. The option to delete an account properly is hidden: click on Help at the bottom of the page and type delete my account into the search bar. Click on the first article, entitled 'How do I permanently delete my account?' This provides a link to the deletion-request form. It takes two weeks for a Facebook account to be deleted, and if you log into it in the meantime the request will be cancelled, so make sure you stay away.

Also try this blog:
http://romcartridge.b...facebook-account.html
Thank U Bookbinder. Follwed Ur instructions to the letter. Now cancelled and confirmation e mail received from Facebook. Thanks for UR time
Glad I could help.