Explorer 9

I have been automatically upgraded to this. Can I go back to version 8 as I have lost all my most-used tabs and cannot retrieve them.
12:51 Thu 08th Mar 2012

Best Answer

No best answer has yet been selected by ruthie. Once a best answer has been selected, it will be shown here.

Try this site, ruthie. The same thing happened to me a few minutes ago. I used the instructions here and it worked.
http://answers.micros...93f-a6cc-2031fb10c41c
You will have tyo unistall Explorer 9. Then type Explorer 8 in your browser and you will be able to download it.
Thanks bookbinder I'll look at that shortly. Dannyk13 - how do I do this as I can't find install/uninstall programmes any more?
When I upgraded the only difference was my favourites moved from the left hand side of the screen to the right...................
Click on start, then go into control panel and you should find "uninstall programmes"
1. click Start button (bottom left of screen)
2. click Control Panel.
3. click Program Features.
4. click View Installed Updates (at top of panel on left)
5. find Internet Explorer 9 on the list and click it to highlight it.
6. click Uninstall.
Internet Explorer will uninstall, and IE8 will automatically be reinstalled.
...should read 'Internet Explorer 9 will uninstall...'
Thanks bookbinder. Will try that when I feel brave enough. My husband says I should leave things as they are as E9 is probably more secure. Any views on this Ruthx
Thanks bookbinder. Have found E9 tab but am afraid to click on it yet!! Ruthiex
I have uninstalled IE9 5 times from my laptop and reinstalled IE8 and each time I reboot it re-installs itself -I've given up now and am using Chrome which is great. If you want to retain your favourites bar at the top of your screen all you need to do is right click at the top of your screen and a menu will appear -click the favourites bar box (under the menu box) and your favourite links will appear in the same position they were with IE8
I downloded version 9 as my Internet Supplier said it would improve performance. After doing so, I see no difference. In fact it seems worse. Whenever I go to my suppliers home page, I get a pop-up message telling me to move my ISP top-line down but I don't know how to do this nor do I understand why, so I now have to close the bl***y window. Do microsoft want to take over my search facility or what? Anyone had this problem? Or can an expert tell me what to do or if I should try. Like idea of turning to 8, ty previous friends.
Be brave. ruthie! Just close your eyes and do it! It won't hurt, you won't feel a thing! But you'll feel tons better afterwards!
Note that Microsoft have annonced they are automatically going to start installing the latest browser, even if the user does not want it.

So there is no point in going back down to IE8 or soon you will be back up to IE9.

Note, it is very easy to make IE9 look like IE8, just right click on the grey area at the top and from the menu select "Menu Bar". Then you get you menu bar back.

Note IE9 is also a more secure browser than IE8 so if you go back to IE8 you are more likely to get an attack from a dodgy web site.

http://www.pcmag.com/...0,2817,2397672,00.asp
I wish MS the best of luck getting through the company security arrangements. If they manage it then it would prove even sturdy defences can be breached.
Thanks everyone for your answers. Everyone is so helpful on here. No matter what my problem is I always come to these boards first. Lol at bookbinder!! Ruthiexx
Now that I have got my Favourites Bar back and Menu so that I don't have to go to the top rh corner for favourites etc - thanks to Kristal53 for that tip - I have decided to give IE9 a fair trial. Ruthiex