Word Document Help!!!!

Hi All
Can someone please help. I am writing an assignment and want to start page numbers from the 4th page but when I do this in Word it names the forth sheet page 4 but I want this as page 1 ( first 3 pages are front cover and exe summary)
Thanks in advance
19:12 Tue 30th Nov 2010

Best Answer

No best answer has yet been selected by slid_away. Once a best answer has been selected, it will be shown here.

1. Click in the section (section: A portion of a document in which you set certain page formatting options. You create a new section when you want to change such properties as line numbering, number of columns, or headers and footers.) in which you want to start page numbering.

2. On the View menu, click Header and Footer.

3. If you want to position the page numbers at the bottom of the page, click Switch Between Header and Footer Button image on the Header and Footer toolbar (toolbar: A bar with buttons and options that you use to carry out commands. To display a toolbar, press ALT and then SHIFT+F10.).

4. If a header or footer has been defined for a previous section in the document, click Link to Previous Button image on the Header and Footer toolbar to break the connection between the header or footer in the current section and the previous section.

5. If there's already text in the header or footer that you don't want, delete the text before inserting the page number.

6. On the Insert menu, click Page Numbers.

7. Click Format.

8. In the Start at box, enter 1.
Thank you so much for you swift and precise reply
Many many thanks