Printer probs

Hi
Have a Canon Pixma MP610 and the last couple of times I've tried to use it, I get a message saying "Printer is offline" although it is switched on, so I have re-booted the PC (XP SP3) and then all is fine. Would it be advisable to re-install the software, or update the drivers. If the latter, can someone give me a layman's procedure for doing this please ? Many thanks
FBG40
20:18 Wed 10th Nov 2010

Best Answer

No best answer has yet been selected by fbg40. Once a best answer has been selected, it will be shown here.

Check your connections between printer and pc. Make sure both are powered off first.
Thanks TTG, have already checked this out and all seems fine.
FBG40
Go to control panel- printers- and select it as default. _ Sorted.
mjwman
Many thanks, will take a "dekko"
FBG40