HP Photsmart printer

I have recently bought an HP Photosmart wireless printer.I have set it up on my desktop and it works perfectly.However,I cannot get it to work with my laptop.I have installed the disc but cannot get anything to print.In the "Printers and Faxes"the Photosmart is shown to be the default article.
17:39 Mon 02nd Aug 2010

Best Answer

No best answer has yet been selected by hardy49. Once a best answer has been selected, it will be shown here.

What OS on laptop (XP, Vista, OS-X etc).
Does the laptop connect to the Internet?
Yes the laptop does connect to the internet and I am using "7"
Remove the tape and any packing materials from the lid, paper tray, control panel and any other feature of the HP Photosmart wireless printer. If necessary, install the Control Panel Face plate, by aligning the plate above the buttons in the front of the computer and pressing the face plate firmly into place. Insert the HP two-sided printing accessory into the bay at the rear of the printer.

Connect the HP Printer to the power source. Insert the cable from the power adapter into the power source plug located on the rear of the HP printer. Plug the power adapter cable into an outlet on a wall-socket or a surge protecter. Press the "On" button on the printer's control panel and enter "11" on the key pad to set the language setting to "English." Lift the lid on the top of the printer to expose the "Black" and "Color" print cartridge slots located on the right side of the opening. Remove the included cartridges from their wrapping and carefully remove the piece of tape from the ink tray. Align the black cartridge into the according slot and press the cartridge into place until you hear a click. Repeat for the color cartridge. Load paper into the paper tray and wait for the printer to auto-align.

Insert the software CD into the computer's disc drive. Follow the on-screen instructions to install the printer drivers and software onto the computer. When prompted, insert one end of an Ethernet cable into one of the Ethernet ports on the side of the laptop's body and insert the other end of the cable into the Ethernet port on the rear of the printer. The laptop is now connected to the HP Photosmart wireless Printer.
Thanks for your help