Email default font

I use Outlook Express but would like to change the default font for preparing new emails so that I don't have to keep changing it each time. It always defaults back to Times New Roman. I like to use Verdana but cannot find how to make it the default. Advice appreciated.
14:15 Wed 22nd Feb 2012

Best Answer

No best answer has yet been selected by Coldicote. Once a best answer has been selected, it will be shown here.

I don't know if it's the same on all versions of Outlook Express. I'm using Windows XP and OE version 6, but here's how I change mine:-

On the "Tools" menu click "Options".

On the "Compose" tab click "Font Settings".

Select desired font from drop-down menu (i.e. Veranda, font size 10)

Click "Apply" and "OK"

and hopefully Bob's your uncle!
Thank you Bravejordy - you've put it right for me. I had been opening a new message page first, then going to Format and then Font. Now I know to go to Tool > Options > Compose. Easy when you know how. Cheers!!