Backup to ISO files?

Good morning

I have recently purchased a new asus laptop.

I am getting a reminder saying that I have not created a backup copy of my factory state windows and I should create one now. I assume this is because I was not given a copy of windows7 to reload in the case of a severe disc failure

I am given a choice of backing up to DVD or ISO files. I am not familiar with ISO files

Can anyone tell me which is better and what is the difference?

Thank you
10:55 Fri 17th Feb 2012

ChuckFickens
Best Answer
Create them to DVDs.

ISO files are an exact image of a DVD stored as one single file that would enable you to create the DVDs in the future... For restore purposes it's not a lot of use to have ISO files on your hard drive because if your hard drive fails you lose the ISO files.
11:26 Fri 17th Feb 2012 Go To Best Answer

Create them to DVDs.

Thank you - you confirmed my suspicions
But having your ISO-file on an external disk might me a good choice!