Information 'timed out'

I have just spent 20 minutes composing a letter on a website which, when I tried to 'send' it said that I had been timed out, and would need to log in again etc. etc. It also said that any information would be lost etc. Is this true? Is there any way I can recover this information? It was written from memory, and was well composed. I don't know that my second attempt will be as good!For info, I am still on line, ans suppose that I could go back, but then just get 'page has expired ....'
22:37 Thu 05th Jan 2012

Best Answer

No best answer has yet been selected by Mr-H. Once a best answer has been selected, it will be shown here.

Sometimes the back button works. If it does, mark and copy the text and copy it somewhere safe like into notepad before logging in again.
No, it just showed 'page expired' etc. I have just spent a further 20+ minutes attempting a retype, but I'm sure itsnot as good!
This is why you should always type things like that on say Notepad, then just cut and paste it into your mail. It doesn't help you now but is worth remembering for the future.