Locked out of Vista Laptop

My Grandma has forgot her password and I am trying to sort it out for her. I only use Mac's and everything I have been reading online seems pretty complex to recover her laptop.

Can anyone give me a simple explantation on how to sort this out. For example, on a Mac, you put your system disc in, re boot off of it, then in the apple menu select reset password. Now that is is simple.

Thanks for any help

Shiz
15:44 Sun 16th Oct 2011

Best Answer

No best answer has yet been selected by shiznit. Once a best answer has been selected, it will be shown here.

Go here (on your mac)
http://ophcrack.sourc...nload.php?type=livecd
Download the Vista live cd and burn to a CD
Boot the Vista machine with it, and it should crack the password in a few seconds
Cheers rojash, I'll do that now

Shiz