Black and Green striped fabric

Does anyone know where I can get black and green striped fabric for a pirate costume? I've tried nearly everywhere including e.bay.
21:34 Tue 01st Dec 2009

Zacsmaster
Best Answer
Don't be silly Boo no selfrespecting scurge of the high seas would be seen dead in red and black stripes. Honestly!
21:48 Tue 01st Dec 2009 Go To Best Answer

Could you buy seperate coloured fabrics and sew stripes of one colour onto the other? Or use black fabric paint on greeen fabric.
Does it have to be blsck and green? Red and black- possibly?
I wanted wide stripes but have now got to the point any width as long as it's black and green! Might have to think about fabric paint. I wouldn't be seen dead in red! Black with green skulls and crossbones would do but I've tried looking for that too! Should have stuck to black and white as my colours! Thanks anyway folks.
should the strives be running vertical or horizontal?
Use plain white sheeting and paint with fabric paint.
I think I would need horizontal stripes.
I need about two metres and so that's a lot of fabric paint and straight lines!
I don't think I want to be a pirate anymore but I'm quite good at the "ARRR me hearties"!
Thanks to hubby I now have black and green fabric. He suggested buying black and white striped fabric then dying it green because the green wouldn't show up on the black but the white stripes would turn green. It worked Yeh!