Green soap

I was wondering if you could still buy the old fashioned green soap?If so,what supermarkets in the uk? I want to use it when I come back to the UK?
20:19 Wed 27th Jul 2011

Best Answer

No best answer has yet been selected by Valeriea. Once a best answer has been selected, it will be shown here.

palmolive, shield and fairy. They're still about.
Thanks alot cupid04 for your quick answer.
The old-fashioned 'soft green soap' as it was known disappeared decades ago. It resembled Swarfega in appearance and texture, and could be bought in pharmacies. A lot less astringent, and better for the skin and hair than bar soaps.
It is a pity you cannot buy it in the UK anymore. Here in Greece, all the supermarkets sell it. Thanks Heathfield for your answer.