Cryptic dog

The answer is a dog - possibly a breed or could be a fictional dog, or cartoon dog...
Clue is "Dog whistling? No just the opposite" (5)

Have seen DHOLE suggested for the answer but I'm not 100% sure.

If anyone has any better suggestions? Thanks!
17:34 Sun 18th Nov 2012

Best Answer

No best answer has yet been selected by saladdodger. Once a best answer has been selected, it will be shown here.

This quiz only finishes on Jan. 31st its already being spoiled on the Crossword Clue Solver Site. Its a really good quiz its a pity to spoil it.
Rush rush always a rush, is a shame.
Yes it IS a shame chorley9, particularly as there is still so much time left to solve it.

Closing date is not until January 31st 2013.

Quizzes are available . B Y . P O S T . for just £1 each + SAE
Payment by securely taped coins or cheque made payable to 'Kirkcaldy Art Club'

Available from:

The Secretary
Kirkcaldy Art Club
38 Douglas Street
KIRKCALDY
Fife
KY1 1QG