Guardian / Observer Viewfinder 26-2-12

Picture 1 (castle/monastery? in what looks like a valley) You may know this bilingual city as a gateway to the slopes but, inhabited for 8,000 years and mentioned by Julius Caesar, it has more history than you can shake a ski pole at.

Picture 2 (Screenshot from a Da Vinci code film I believe, it's Tom Hanks anyway)
Ignore the pseudohistory links and enjoy forests, an underground lake …

Picture 3 (Dam - I believe the Grande Dixence)
...one of the world’s highest dams and eau de vie made from sun-ripened fruit. Name the city.

Picture 4 (Peaches or nectarines on a tree)

I'm really struggling with this, some of it sounds like Zurich, however the dam pictured is miles away. I can't find a city anywhere near the dam (Grand Dixence) - can anybody help? I can't seem to tie in the clues together.
17:13 Tue 28th Feb 2012

shaneystar2
Best Answer
Possibly Sion .Switzerland .Looks like the church or basilica of Valere .
17:42 Tue 28th Feb 2012 Go To Best Answer

Thanks, it looks like it might be Sion - not sure I how I missed that when I found the dam!