Is it a real word?

Is "irritancy" a real word? and if it is, what does it mean, and what context should it be used in? The word has been used on some marketing material at my work and I cannot help but think it reads wrong, or at least not very nicely. Don't want to flag it up unless I know for sure!
14:16 Fri 19th Sep 2008
Best Answer

No best answer has yet been selected by fraggle08. Once a best answer has been selected, it will be shown here.

thanks! I had found the legal type definition but that was not the context this was written in. it was more relating to irritation (of the skin variety!)
As usual with the english language the same word means 2 or more things!