Skipping song

Does anyone know the ending to a skipping rhyme which begins, Mary in the kitchen doing a bit of stitching..... Many thanks
00:24 Fri 11th Apr 2008

Best Answer

No best answer has yet been selected by dispenser. Once a best answer has been selected, it will be shown here.

We used to sing
Mary's in the kitchen
Doing a bit of stitching,
In came a bogie man and chased Mary out...(then one had to jump out and another one jumped in ... )
Or there was another one ...
Mother�s in the kitchen.
Doing a bit of stitching.
In comes a spider.
And out goes you.....and so on .....crikey that brings back memories .. I couldn't skip for toffee these days:)
aww that brings back memories:-))
Thanks to you both!!. Shaneystar2 the first rhyme you wrote was definitely the one I remember. Thanks so much. I vaguely remember the second rhyme but not as much as the first. Have decided to get fit and one of the ways i'm achieving that is skipping and the first part of the rhyme came into my head and the rest has been tormenting me for weeks. I am originally from near Manchester, is it a northern thing do you know? Thanks once again
Hi again dispenser .. sorry I didn't get back to you earlier .I don't think it was particularly a northern thing ..I grew up in Norfolk and then went to school in Kent and we sung those skipping songs ...until we ditched the rope and discovered .......boys !!
Another one I remember was
All in together girls
Never mind the weather girls
When I call your birthday
You must jump in
Good luck with your efforts to get fit ....you are very brave :)