Weater Warning

They suggest that anyone travelling in the current icy conditions should make sure they have the following:

Shovel
Blankets or sleeping bag
Extra clothing including hat and gloves
24 hours worth of food
De-Icer
Rock Salt
Torch or lantern with spare batteries
Road Flares or Reflective Triangles
Empty Petrol Can
First Aid Kit
Jump Lead

I looked a right prat on the bus this morning!!
08:15 Thu 23rd Feb 2012

Best Answer

No best answer has yet been selected by starone. Once a best answer has been selected, it will be shown here.

Sorry that word in the heading should of course be weather - slight slip of the fingers.
lol - fumblefingers!
that one is quite funny =)
I was just beginning to think my computer had jumped back a month. lol
I know it's a bit late, but I expect it's still cold up North.
The old ones are the best!!
Pretty mild actually star - but miserable!
Made me chuckle!
14c today Starbuckone, warm rain for a change. :)
After having a good chuckle at this, my pedantic streak took over - what's the use of an empty petrol can specifically in icy weather ? Or jump leads for that matter. Can anyone enlighten me ?
That's the worst spell of weather we've had all winter....;-)

Good gag...one of our staples in here..like this one

The Weather Report

A young Indian was made chief, after the passing of his father, and the tribe asked him what the winter would be like. He hadn't learned the old ways of reading the animal behavior, so he just said to start gathering wood. He then called the weather bureau and asked if the winter would be hard. They told him that it looked like it would be a hard one.

Later, the tribe again asked the young Chief about the coming winter and he again told them to gather in more wood. After that he again called the weather bureau and asked if they were sure about the cold winter prediction. "Yes, very cold" they told him.

As the weather changed, again the tribe asked about the winter and he once again said to keep gathering wood. But to make sure of his advise, he once again called the weather bureau and asked if they were sure of their hard winter prediction. They said "We're positive! Very hard!" "How do you know?" he asked. "Because the Indians are gathering wood like crazy!"
lol