Are You Left Or The Right?

There has been some discussion between those in the news section as to which way the majority of AB "swings". To provide a little clarity I would like everyone to say which side of the fence they sit - in their own opinion. I do realise this a blunt measurement - but it is a good starting point!

This poll is closed.

Which way do you swing?

A. "Left"
38.24% (26 votes)
B. "Right"
32.35% (22 votes)
C. "Centre"
29.41% (20 votes)

See final stats

Stats until: 10:59 Fri 29th Aug 2014 (Refreshed every 5 minutes)
13:55 Thu 24th Jun 2010

Best Answer

No best answer has yet been selected by AB Editor. Once a best answer has been selected, it will be shown here.

2 Next Last

I choose not to vote as I swing depending upon the content of the subject.
I take it that this is a Political question ED ! I am Heterosexual otherwise ! :-)
Generally I hang to the left... unless baggy shorts are being worn... in which case I'll just generally flop about...
Are you asking about Political, Left, Right or Centre or sexual preferences? :- )
I would like to see two other voting categories here namely "A little to the front" and "Around the back" to fully cater for all of us. Just for the record I'm firmly planted deep in the centre!
Ha Ha snags !!
It is such hard work isn't it Ed?
BF, there are definitely plenty who are "Around the back" on here
When you try to probe this sort of thing, it's worth bearing in mind there is always a number of right-wingers who feel somewhat ashamed of their leanings and hide them (e.g. the 'shy Tories' phenomenon as seen particularly in the 1992 election).
I voted 'Centre' but I'm kinda more centre-rightish, I guess. So bear that in mind with one of the centre votes.
Most of my views would be considered right of centre but I do have some areas where I'd be considered left wing.
Oh dear, it's like a carry-on film here sometimes. I suppose you all mean well.

Spare Ed
that's what happens when you have a lot of lefties ED, may we ask where you stand?
I have no idea I'm afraid!

I have no clue about anything political!
Oh no we don't!
.
Sorry

that was a response to Ed.

I was momentarily distracted by work (bloody annoying!)
This question as posted has no clear meaning. Swinging in relation to what precisely? And what about a "none of the above".
Not really sure R1. I am probably a lefty/centrist.

My budget would have linked VAT and CGT and raised both to 30%

I would probably abolish income tax bands and instead create a single level for everyone, maybe 25-30%

Inheritance tax would have been raised to something like a £600,000 threshold - otherwise what is the point of doing well for the sake of your children?

Something would have to be done about council tax.

Probably freeze Tuition fees at the £3000pa rate.

Tax cuts for Small Businesses/sole traders - encourage the shop-keeper.

Somehow give local people a way to firmly object to multinationals sucking the life out of their towns - I'm pretty bored of big business and "market forces"

What else have I missed?

What would have been in your budget?

Spare Ed
I Quote myself:
" I do realise this a blunt measurement - but it is a good starting point!"

Spare Ed

2 Next Last