Music played during BBC Sports Personality of the year?

Does any one know what the song was that the orchestra played when Alan Shearer came up with Owen Hargreaves to present the "Unsung Hero Award". I know that the bbc also play it as the theme tune for the great north run, so I don't know if it has any Newcastle connection???

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
20:59 Sun 10th Dec 2006

Best Answer

No best answer has yet been selected by leyzwj. Once a best answer has been selected, it will be shown here.

Is it local hero by dire straits?? they play it at newcastle when they come out also.
do you know the song in the advert for the sports personlaity of the year this year ?? plz i really need to know
The challenge by Charles Williams