Petrol/Oil mix

Hi, I've got an outboard motor which runs on petrol/oil mix 50:1, & a chainsaw which runs on 25:1.
What are these measurements? I used to have a handy jug with the measurements marked on it (I've lost it!) & can't seem to buy one anywhere!
I asked in a popular motoring store this morning & they didn't know the ratios (measurements) so I could mark a normal household jug.
Help please! Thanks in anticipation.
13:58 Sat 21st Mar 2009
Best Answer

No best answer has yet been selected by Ladybelle. Once a best answer has been selected, it will be shown here.

For more on marking an answer as the "Best Answer", please visit our FAQ.

1 to 4 of 4

you mix 2 decilitres to 1 litre for 50:1
and 4decilitres to 1 litre for the 25:1
but if you can buy it premixed it is FAR better
Question Author
Sorry for my ignorance - what is a decilitre? Thanks.
hi ladybelle,,get yourself a mixing bottle from any good lawnmower sales and repair will save you loads of hassle...alternatively,you can buy a small bottle of oil that treats one gallon(4.55 litres) of petrol to make a mix of's called castrol one shot....simply keep the bottle and use half a bottle to make a 50:1 mix..but mixing bottle is your best bet! :0)
Most of the bottles I used for Stihl saws and the like, one capful of oil went into 1 gallon petrol. Used to say the amount on the side to save having to have a bottle/jug or whatever.

1 to 4 of 4

Related Questions

Another petrol/oil question. I have just bought an old rotovator - apparently I need to mix petrol with an additive as it is a 4 stroke, 5 hp engine. Can anyone tell me what the ratio for this would...
In a senior moment I miscalculated the ratio of petrol / oil for my hedgetrimmer (should have been 50:1, but ended up more like 10:1). I did get it started, but it would only idle with the choke out,...
i have a pk 50 xl from 1987 and there is one screw lid that i take off to put the petrol mix in and then next to it there is another plastic thing that has two wires coming out of it. and when you...
I have a Stihl petrol strimmer that has to use a leaded petrol and two stroke oil mix inorder to work. Local garages have now stopped stocking leaded petrol, can i use unleaded or will it damage the...
could you please tell me what the petrol/oil ratio for the mc calloch cabrio 246 garden strimmer would be thank you peter hamilton

Latest posts