mot certificate

A simple question. Do I need to produce a copy of the old MOT certificate when putting my car in for MOT? Ever since they changed the style of MOT certificates to the new computer printouts I misplace them. AT least with the old style you knew what you were looking for when you misplaced it. I know my MOT runs out on the 24.04.08 but am not sure if I can just turn up for an MOT without the old copy? TIA as always.
14:17 Mon 07th Apr 2008

Best Answer

No best answer has yet been selected by KRUSTYMAN. Once a best answer has been selected, it will be shown here.

No, you don't need to produce your old certificate.
as delboy says you don't need it, but if you have it you can have a new mot dated the day after the old one expires. so you can have the new mot done, I think, up to 14 days in advance.
A month in advance, but as discussed in another thread, you don't have to produce the old one any more to get the extra time creditted.

It would be worth organising a folder of paperwork for your car though.

If you come to sell it, the potential buyer will be impressed by a wad of old MOTs that confirm the mileage over the years.