Ford Focus Xreg cutting out when turning

Does any one know of a problem with the Ford Focus cutting out? My 70 year old father has a Xreg 1400cc which has cut out 4 time on him but only when turning a corner This is very frightning for him as he loses power strearing and brakes The car will then start with the key??
11:02 Fri 25th Aug 2006
Best Answer

No best answer has yet been selected by bigtone. Once a best answer has been selected, it will be shown here.

register ask ask the people at - Ford Forum
is it diesel at all? The focus c-max diesels have a fault with the EGR valve that causes engine to cut.
Another focus forum is =9a4a30944c58899ddc5c673f2282d4f2
Have you received an answer yet?
I have the same problem exactly - the car starts with the key after losing power when turning a corner.

I received this from the following website:
"Problem of all Focus models suddenly losing power seems to be due to the failure of the 'fly by wire' electronic throttle sensor." ?p_make=FOR&h_make=FOR&p_model=%20116

Please let me know if you find a solution, woudl be a great help!!
Try these, they reckon it's a new Vehicle Speed Sensor. cost about �30 and same to fit. Good luck! ?t=16360 ex.php/t-1291.html
Thanx Sharpharp
great help! i will let you know how i get on