i need to tax my car but lost my log book

i had a new style log book but cant find it anywhere to tax my car. what can i do, i heard you can pay at a post office ??
11:43 Mon 30th Jan 2006
Best Answer

No best answer has yet been selected by badgerchops. Once a best answer has been selected, it will be shown here.

For more on marking an answer as the "Best Answer", please visit our FAQ.

1 to 3 of 3

Question Author
i should have typed that properly. i heard you can get a form from the Post office to pay for a replacement ??
Have you not had a reminder from DVLA?
You can tax your car with that at a post office, or if you have a new-style MoT you can tax it online.
To get a new V5 you need to complete a V62 form (available at the post office) and pay a fee ( �19). Or you can print a form off here http://www.dvla.gov.uk/forms/pdf/V62online.pdf , and post it with a cheque.

1 to 3 of 3

Latest posts