registering an imported vespa scooter in the uk

does anyone know what i need to reregister my 150 sprint 1968 vespa scooter? it was imported from vietnam and has had a full restoration job. i have put 12 months m.o.t. on her and got her insured the only other paperwork i have is a certificate of deletion of registration from vietnam. is this all i need to take with me to dvla? any help much appreciated

20:15 Tue 05th Jul 2005

Best Answer

No best answer has yet been selected by craftycrofty. Once a best answer has been selected, it will be shown here.

Your local Post Office will be able to tell you
You may also need to prove customs clearance, ie any duty owed has been paid.  How you have mot'd and insured it I do not know ?

i recently made a similar enquiry about a vespa from italy and the documents you will need come from the dvla. if you ring them up they will send you all that you need to register it.

all they said i needed for my bike was a document prooving the age of the behicle to register it in the UK.

hope this helps