Clean windscreen washers

My jets have gone really weak on my 2 Year old vectra. I have cleaned the bottle out, down the holes with a pin but still nothing. Is there anything you can put in the bottle to flush the system out. The rear washer works fine. Ive heard someone mention using vinegar as a flush before.

Shiz
11:29 Sat 22nd Oct 2011

Best Answer

No best answer has yet been selected by shiznit. Once a best answer has been selected, it will be shown here.

You can't.
You need to remove the jets and clean them out properly with cleaning agent .. descaler (hot) or replace the jets.
They just clip in.
Is there a chance that the pump is failing?
I tried an new pump, £5 from scrapper. When you say the jets, do you mean the 2 nozzles under the bonnet?
Use a bike pump connected to the plastic pipework under the bonnet to clear out any blockages
Yes .. the bonnet body jets. They will be blocked.
Mine don't work properly either - is there an idiot's guide on how to do this (also, car quite cumbersome so some of the bits are a bit tricky to get too when you are not overly tall).
I remember when my became weak and failed it was caused by a blockage where the water reservoir joins the pipe, it was actually a jelly like substance made of the screen wash stuff, it must have built up over time, i unplugged the pipe and poke my finger in and cleared it.

Dave.
never used washing up liquid, but the car could have be idle for a while at a dealership before i bought it.

Dave.
I have had the filter problem before on a BMW, so tried that. On the Vectra it was like a little rubber sock which fits on the bottom of the pump. Like I said the rear works fine. AlBags solution sounds the best. When I can be bothered I will get my toolkit out of moth balls and give it a go. It looks like I have to take the wipers off to remove the plastic hood which houses the nozzles.

I will report back, thank you all for the answers