Hustle

I have just learnt that the next series of Hustle will be the last and I'm really disappointed. They say that if it is ever brought back, it will not be with the same "gang".

Why is it they always take off a really good series, such as Hustle and The Street?
13:51 Mon 09th May 2011

Best Answer

No best answer has yet been selected by Tizzi24. Once a best answer has been selected, it will be shown here.

Ah damn :(
I love this series, I think the characters are brilliant. I don't think it would be the same if Adrian Lester and co weren't in it. I was watching this on dvd the other evening when Marc Warren was in it, he was so funny in it.
Perhaps the cast are demanding huge payrises.
I love it! I like all of the characters but it will survive without them, Apart from Ash and Eddie, all of the others have jumped in and out of different series and it's been just as enjoyable.
I preferred the original theme music though.
Aw Arti..I think Ash is great :)
Suez, I put a comma where there should have been a full stop :(
I love it! I like all of the characters but it will survive without them. Apart from Ash and Eddie, all of the others have jumped in and out of different series and it's been just as enjoyable.
Oh right :)
I can't remember the older actors name...The american guy..whats his name..He plays Albert Stroller..
Sorry, yes you're right. Robert Vaughn's been in all of them. I never used to like him as an actor but I love him now. Brilliant character name, too.
I expect its the scripts, how many "cons" can you dream up that are suitable for tv ?
It will be sadly missed though.
Thanks for all your replies. The only series I didn't watch was the one without Adrian Lester (he's gorgeous).

I agree that certain characters can change, but I think Mickey holds it all together. The reason they gave for the series ending was as Dee said, the scriptwriters were running out of ideas, but didn't rule out it coming back sometime in the future.