selling and renting house at the same time

Isn't there a restriction in property law to stop you renting out a property and when it is rented offering to the market the same property, I was told this by an agent a year ago. Is this still true, they said you even had to wait for a period of time between switches.

Does this still apply to private landlords?

Thanks in advance
14:47 Tue 07th Sep 2010

Best Answer

No best answer has yet been selected by what..the?. Once a best answer has been selected, it will be shown here.

their is no such restriction.
My daughter has her flat on the market but nothings moving.She has now gone to a letting agent and she has to take it off the market before she can rent it out.This is in Scotland if that makes a difference.
Makes no odds taking it off the market as they just suspend the sale as she has already paid for the Homeowners Report etc (which I believe has been abolished in England.)