Avatar Image jkz

pet insurance

having been with petpal direct for one year with nil excess and paying 22.00 per month they now are asking £80 excess + 15% of vet fees asked why they said first year for puppy is nil excess. this is now been canceled as not happy with the excess is there a pet insurance that does cover a dog of 15 months with nil excess or a min excess many thanks
13:49 Wed 19th May 2010

Best Answer

No best answer has yet been selected by jkz. Once a best answer has been selected, it will be shown here.

Doesn't that depend on such things as the breed of dog? You might find some helpful or more experienced people in the 'insurance' section. Failing that, I'd just shop around...
I assume your question is: " is there a pet insurance that does cover a dog of 15 months with nil excess or a min excess many thanks " - It was very hard to make it out in that whole paragraph with no time for a breath

http://www.moneysupermarket.com/pet-insurance/

But looking at this http://www.insureyourpet.co.uk/lifelong.asp Can't see ANY with nil excess
I have never seen a policy with a no excess. Some policies seem good in the early years and have a lower excess but the excess can be changed over the years as your pet gets older.

I have Tesco insurance for my cats and it has worked well - even now that one of the cats is ill with a chronic condition. I pay £11 per month for two cats.