Solicitor's Duty to the Court

My understanding of English law is that a solicitor representing a client in court, has a 'first' duty to the court (and not to their client).

If during the course of a trial, the solicitor's client makes statements under oath that the solicitor knows to be factually incorrect - does the solicitor have a duty to bring this to the court's attention � or are they allowed to assume that the opposing side will do so (whether they do or not)?
12:16 Sun 16th Aug 2009

Best Answer

Nobody has yet answered this question. Once some answers have been given, Hymie will be able to select one answer as the best. Once a best answer has been selected, it will be shown here.

There are no answers available for this question.