unilateral notice

what does a unilateral notice entered at the land registry against a property mean, can the property be sold or remortgaged whilst have he notice on. whats the difference between a unilateral notice and a restriction. thanks
20:28 Tue 05th Aug 2008

Best Answer

No best answer has yet been selected by kate2947. Once a best answer has been selected, it will be shown here.

A notice is giving notice of something like someone's interest in the property and warning that there may be a problem if it's not sorted before any sale or remortgage.

A restrictions means that something like sale or remortgage is restricted unless the terms are complied with eg written notice given or something paid off.

Land Registy Practice Guide here...

http://www1.landregistry.gov.uk/assets/library /documents/lrpg019.pdf