working a week in hand

hi i'm leaving my job soon and i'm sure i worked a week in hand which i should get back when i leave, however when i started there 5 years ago as an apprentice i was getting paid �60 a week, now its aroung �260 take home. does anyone know whether i will get paid in my starting wages or in my currant wages.
00:24 Tue 11th Jul 2006
Best Answer

No best answer has yet been selected by wduk2005. Once a best answer has been selected, it will be shown here.

If you work a week in hand you receive the previous week's wages each week. When you leave, you'll get that week's wages and the previous one too, so �520 in total.
This was standard practice when I worked in factories. They paid in cash then, and you had to go back to your old workplace the week after you left to pick up your last week's pay.