Commercial Experience

Hey guys, when employers ask for commercial experience, what exactly does commercial experience mean? Please explain as I'm not quite sure what it is. Many thanks! xxx
02:30 Mon 20th Mar 2006

Best Answer

No best answer has yet been selected by turquoise. Once a best answer has been selected, it will be shown here.

It means experience in an environment where whatever your were doing was making money i.e. a paying job.

For example it's used alot in IT because there are plenty of people around who have "played" with programming languages at home but not used them for paying work.