is this a scam?

Have been offered a job having money paid into my bank account , withdrawing all but 5% and sending it to china via money gram . supposedly by as much as £3.000 per week .
19:27 Fri 10th Feb 2012

Best Answer

No best answer has yet been selected by Alncaz54. Once a best answer has been selected, it will be shown here.

First Previous 1 2

As buildersmate states, this is a scam but its not concentrated on disclosing your bank details. The common theme here is that the applicant will also have to disclose an address to receive an advanced payment which is usually in the form of 3 x $1000 travellers cheques (forged). Some will make it past a bank cashier and be paid into your account where it may show a cleared balance for a short period of time which is when you will be instructed to withdraw say $2500 in cash / or send payment to the scammer only later to find out that original payment method was detected as fraudulent by the bank and cancelled.
Im no expert but this sounds to be like money laundering and its against the law!
Hi Littlesquidge

Its basically a scam using forged currency, usually in the form of bank cheques and travellers cheques etc where a small percentage will make it past a front-of-house cashier and show as cleared funds for a short time period etc or get cashed at a travel agent.
Do you REALLY need to ask? If you can't see that it definitely is - you are more than gullible, I'm sorry to say!

First Previous 1 2