In-sourcing and Out-sourcing

Is the payroll function best performed within a company, or is outsourcing a better approach to payroll processing?
21:17 Tue 20th Sep 2011

Best Answer

No best answer has yet been selected by scovens. Once a best answer has been selected, it will be shown here.

It depends. Outsourcing will mean someone will make a profit out of you so there is a cost, and you will need to monitor service levels and ensure they deliver. On the plus side it may save internal admin issues and avoid incurring high IT costs of maintaining/developing new payroll systems. There are lots more factors and different companies have different experiences.